1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scag V-Ride

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IXINRGIXI, Oct 9, 2012.

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys!

looking to get a scag v-ride next year (29hp/61" deck). I have been on one at the 2011 GIE expo and fell in love with its feel haven't demoed one yet, but i want to ask your guy's opinion on this machine ESPECIALLY if you own one

i would like to know about any maintenance problem you MIGHT have and how many hours you have on the machine

2. No Weeds Left Behind

No Weeds Left Behind LawnSite Member

I read on another thread a couple folks were having problems with them using oil but that's not mower problem its engine
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I believe cgaengineer has a v-ride and a grandstand. He knows a lot of the pros and cons of both. I would also demo a Gravely Pro-Stance and Wright Stander before you pull the trigger.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 48in and I really like it alot. I have around 125hours so far and the only problems I have are one bolt fell out of the platform, deck needs to be cleaned alot compared to my 61, and it likes the gas 1.25 gallons a hour. I run mine without the front weight on for better hillside performance because I mow alot of corner lots and banks. If I had the need I would buy another one in a second. I think 75% of performance on a stander is the OP.
  5. Rvldesign

Rvldesign LawnSite Member

I am picking the 61" up tomorrow to demo for a couple days and will let you know how it is. I currently have a 36" vride and love it. Last week I played with the weights on the front and found I like using it with no weights on hills and the putting back on for flat ground bc i can mow fast due to the front end wanting to lift up to much but for us we only now residential lots and it is considerably faster then the 36" walk behind. The cut even with the advantage deck is awesome and looking forward to checking out the velocity deck as we are wanting to get a 48" next year. How many people find that they can't get into many spaces with the 61" deck on residential properties?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Around here... Guys only use 60's and 72's. And we sure aren't cutting 2 acre lots. The usual on residential lots is like 1/4 to 1/2. The machine isn't a whole lot bigger than a 52 at least front to back, and left to right, what's another 9 inches? I have a 52 just because I got it for a good price, but I would have bought a 60 if I could. I don't think you will have a problem with the 61 v ride.

i saw that and the is true that its jsut the engine not the mower

kool ill shoot him a pm. i have demoed a 61 Wright ZX (31kawi) dont like them at all and wont go near a gravely sorry just have some bad experiences with them

please give me some feed back on your demo with it .. i will also be demoing one this up and coming spring/summer

and to the rest thanks for your opinion keep them coming the more the better

9. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

You need to check out my post http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=389180 since you have a 36 as well. I took off the weights, pad, and small folding platform the first week I owned mine. It weighs 80+ pounds less now. But my tire mod is an absolute must.
  10. Truckerbuck

Truckerbuck LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device