Scag Velocity Deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by echo8287, Feb 23, 2008.

1. echo8287

echo8287 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

1.For those that have a velocity deck and don't have the mulching kit, what setting do you run the front baffle in,when using the block off plate? All the way up towards operator, middle, or all the way down towards grass?

2. I have the bagging system on my TT, what is the best position for the baffle plate under the deck?

3.For anyone with the hurricane mulching kit, how does that work for you? Do you have the bagging system, if you do does it work alright with the hurricane kit?

4.For anyone that has a block off plate and are running mulching blades, how well does that work for you and what blades are you using?
    David

2. ProCut Lawn Care

ProCut Lawn Care LawnSite Member

1. Lowest position to the grass. This being on a 61 TT open discharge and mulch plate.
    2. Bagging system on a Tiger Cub with Velocity, Same lowest position, tends to get less blowback from the front of the deck with leaves.
    3. Don't have the huricane system on any of the mowers.
    4. I run the "TRUE" Gator Magnum fusion on both mowers for leaves and have no problems with the bagging cub, or mulching Tiger. Texas mower parts, they have them but not listed on their site. (the Fusion ones that is)

3. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure myself but maybe Tacama2000 could chime in w/ his input He seems very knowledgeable concerning TT and the velocity plus decks...
    I would also like some input on the same ?'s the poster hes asked

4. echo8287

echo8287 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

Thanks Procut, for those answers. I haven't had the TT very long and noticed I was getting some blow back when I was collecting leaves. I think my deck is set in the middle. I'll check it tommorrow and I'll lower it. The dealer gave me another set of high lift blades for the mower, but I want to get some mulching blades for the season coming up. My dealer said he had only sold a few of the Hurricane mulching kits and said the guys that had them liked them. Thanks, David

5. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Ours is in the lowest setting with plenty of blowout still.

6. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Refer to your owners manual on which setting to put the baffle on for mulching and side discharge. I haven't got my new velocity deck yet but my old advantage did the best discharging in the middle. The mulching was better in the up position. Its trial and error. Its not going to be the same in all areas. Its just another reason to get out in the shop and get ready for spring!

7. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

I found that while I owed my Scag Tiger Cub 48" with the Velocity deck, the lowest bolt holes on the baffle would generate the most suction. the baffle on the highest bolt holes, is designed for thick grass that needs to be discharged quicky. The middle hole is the best of both worlds.