scag velocity plus decks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tarp5350, Jun 10, 2006.

1. tarp5350

tarp5350 LawnSite Member

how are these decks doing? i hear all about the problems that hustler and exmark are having with their new decks, but i haven,t heard any thing about the new scag decks. i am very interested in buying the scag turf tiger that has this new deck. any information would be appreciated.

2. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

My crew just demoed a wild cat with the velocity deck. Holly crap can that thing cut.:cool2: I had the oppertunity to cut grass in the rain we had on the east coast last week. I feel that we were in some of the most extreme conditions that i could be in and boy this mower did not miss a beat. Nothing but good things to say from my end.

3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Our dealer has added Scag to his lineup. We have used Scag walkbehind's quite a few years ago. At that time they were tough and well constructed, striped excellently, but a tad behind Exmark in cut quality . How well does the new deck, side discharge and stripe.

4. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have used gators, med lift, hi lift on the scag 48" High Velocity deck. So far its been a grass cuttin machine. I personally like the med lift better on this particular deck. The high lifts were shooting grass a good 30ft. which creates probs when going past beds. at 30ft away and still blowing a good amount of grass in the mulch. In really tall 1ft tall st. augustine this mower is 4times my Z-Cat. in one pass operation. As far as striping I consider it just a little less than the Z-Cat. Meaning, the stripes aren't as sharp and deep as the Z. However, the 48" has zero rollers and Z has 2 rollers to aid in striping. If you look at my pics in the post Homemade ocdc plate you will see an up close pic of the opening.