Scag Vride vrs Wright Standers????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Keene Landscaping, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Keene Landscaping

Keene Landscaping LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

After demoing both I decided to go with the v ride for two reasons. The first is the v rides controls were much more comfortable and natural to me. The second was the dealers, the one with the Wright wouldn't give me the time of day even when I told him a needed a mower within the week. The Scag dealer however did everything in his power to make me happy. It wasn't until later I found out he has also sold my father in law a compact john deere tractor 19yrs ago and two John deere ztr's a cple of years ago. Another selling point for the dealership was that if something were to go wrong with the scag that the same time I would (if needed) drop it off for repairs that I would be leaving with another in its stead.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  2. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats! Good choice. Depending on which one you buy try taking the front weight off if you are less than 200lbs. Mine does a lot better in banks without the weight . It's the 48in and I'm 150.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

It's bolted is all. It takes 2 minutes to move where ever you want.:dizzy:

4. Chuckduck

Chuckduck LawnSite Senior Member

I'm trying to decide between the 2 too but in a 36". Would like to hear more comparisons

5. caseysmowing

Can't help on that one. I did run a 36 vride for about 10 mins but that isn't enough to tell you anything. I heard the new ones have wider tires now to help with rutting.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Chuckduck

Chuckduck LawnSite Senior Member

The wright has wider tires or the vride ?

7. caseysmowing

The vride upgraded what they first came out with I believe. 6in wide to 8 I believe. Not 100% sure.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. alex lawncare

alex lawncare LawnSite Member

I am choosing between a vide and the Wright. Have both pros and cons give me feedback if you have had experience with both standers thanks.

9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

vride will cut better and the wright will handle steep hills better.