Scag vrs. Bocat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JW Lawn, Dec 26, 2006.

1. JW Lawn

JW Lawn LawnSite Member

I can purchase a new Scag Wildcat 61in with a 27hp Kohler for 7300.00 or a Bobcat 61in with a 26 kawasaki for 7900.00 out the door. What do you guys think the better machine is. Its going to be used on four 9 ac. commercial lots next year...the lots are flat fields...I have a Scag now and love it...but the Bobcat seems to be a great mower....

2. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have two wildcats man these mowers are great no downtime go with the scag,never run a bobcat.

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

Oh yea, what year is the scag we paid 7200 for a 2006 model this year sounds like you are getting a deal.

4. JW Lawn

JW Lawn LawnSite Member

The Wildcat i have now is an 06....dealer gave me a br600 with it for 7300 total....I do a lot a business with the dealer so ha helps me out BIGTIME..This one is also an 06 for 7300 with an echo 261...:cool2:

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

Stay with scag, it is less confusing blades and belts you will have two front machines.

6. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Get the Scag but tell him you want either the Stihl FS80R or the Stihl FS100RX instead of the 261. You will be getting a better trimmer to go along with your mower.

7. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Look at my sig line and advatar enough said

8. JW Lawn

JW Lawn LawnSite Member

Going with the wildcat....and picked up the echo 261t.....loved it for 3 minutes and quit running:cry: ...called my dealer and said he going to order a new carb...guess its a common problem...

9. eandllandscaping

eandllandscaping LawnSite Member

I think the scag is a great machine, but I would personally steer towards the kawasaki engine. I have not had best of luck with the kohler.

10. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

I think the scag is a great machine, but I would personally steer towards the kawasaki engine. I have not had best of luck with the kohler.

I agree never had any luck with kohler either been running kawi for years ( plus one honda )