1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scag vs Exmark vs Bobcat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fwilamosky, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking off adding another ztr next year and can't decide between Turf Tiger, Lazer Z, or Pro Cat. I would need a 52in maybe 61 but probably not. Possible bagging system. Everybody feel free to weigh in your opinion
  2. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a TT and a new ProCat last year. Ran the ProCat 2 months and traded it for a TC. Could not get it to stop clumping in thick grass and wet grass. The new ones may be different. I would have to demo one in wet and thick grass for a couple days before I buy anything other than a Scag.
  3. A+Grounds

A+Grounds LawnSite Member

scag, exmark, deere, dixie chopper,and ferris are pretty much the industry standard. the only people that i know that use bob cats is beauchamps, their building is right next to a bob cat dealer so that explains why they use them. i love my lazer: the cut is extremely clean, low center of gravity so hills are nothing, maintenance is simple, and the hydros are SO SMOOTH!!