Scag vs. ExMark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by statman, May 13, 2002.

1. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

My Scag SSZ was down this weekend, so I demo'ed an ExMark Lazer HP. NO COMPARISON! The Lazer was at least half again faster than my Scag and cut better too. I'm sold.
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i love my lazer 60 inch too. I too realized this week after using a hydro walk behind , im never buying anything belt drive ever again.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Boy, I wish I had a nickel for every time I've heard this! I'd go out and buy me a nice dinner!:rolleyes:
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Runner, forget the dinner. Buy a new Lazer.:)
  5. We love our hp its been a tough great cutting machine,
  6. Oliver1850

Oliver1850 LawnSite Member

The new Exmark's are amazing. But, for the sake of apples to apples comparison, so are the Scag's. Both companies continue to improve their offerings, literally trumping each other every other year. With this great competition, we the end users ultimately benefit.

In 2001 I purchased a Laser Z, my first ztr. Wow, what an awesome mower. I did not even consider the Scag. The product seemed to be in need of a makeover and much needed advances in cutting ability.

In 2002 I set out to purchase another ztr, particularily the Laser Z HP. My salesman really promoted the the new Scag Tiger Cub, noting all the improvements and advantages. After a side by side comparison and part for part breakdown, I gave the nod to the Scag.

Both products are excellently engineered and each has its advantages over the other.

It's like comparing a 98 Chevy 3/4 with a 2002 model.
  7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

that scag looks good to me ,but theres got to be something to this, when a scag owner makes a report like this.he is not the first either.