Scag vs. Exmark

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by deereman08, Jul 1, 2011.

1. deereman08

deereman08 LawnSite Member

I'm trying to decide between a new ZTR mower and wanted some thoughts on the Scag Turf Tiger with a 52" deck and the Exmark X series also with a 52" deck and both of the mowers with 27 hp Kohlers... Your thoughts would help a lot

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

You wont be disappointed with either, You will also find asking for opinions on mowers on here is a worthless cause, People usually recommend whatever their fav mower brand is, its pretty biased to say the least. I would go with which ever one has better dealer support, that should be your number 1 deciding factor here. as both mowers are great machines and perform just as good as the other.
  3. tigerfan88

tigerfan88 LawnSite Member
    from SC

either is a great choice. i've run both, currently using the lazer x series 60". drive both and pick the one that feels the best to you.
  4. creed25

creed25 LawnSite Member
    from VA

Just like the previous two responses, they both are great mowers and I'll go with the one that has better dealer support also. Went to my local dealer, bought a SCAG Tiger Cat $6,400 (show room floor) because the EXMARK was going for $7,300 (kept outside and color was faded). I love the SCAG, but I am just cutting my one acre property. Good Luck!
  5. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

Coke or Pepsi have it your way
  6. deereman08

deereman08 LawnSite Member

So you can't tell any difference in the cut or quality of the build on either mower?
  7. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

i agree with thegoldpro 100% ur dealer support is extreamly important and should weigh in on ur decision. we run both brands but i have to say the scag TT's cut is better and it performs better in tough conditions. (wet & thick grass)
  8. pisanilandscapingllc

pisanilandscapingllc LawnSite Member

demo both of them and see which one is more comfortable, affordable, and more productive for your needs
  9. TJ Property

TJ Property LawnSite Member
    from CT

I have owned both machines and to tell you the truth. Im still torn on what machine i would be buying for my next mower! I currently run two turf tigers and 1 exmark walk be hide lol!
  10. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

the only bad thing i would say about the new exmark is the new handbrake/parkingbrake style, the push button dsnt work for me and get annoying after 10hrs mowing every day.