scag vs. exmark

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by sdog882007, Apr 29, 2004.

1. sdog882007

sdog882007 LawnSite Member

I am thinking about getting either a scag or an exmark walk behind, the exmark is a little bit less expensive than the scag, but it is only a few hundred dollars difference so i would rather pay more now and get a better lawn mower than have to pay a lot more in service fees and maintenance, which mower do you think it better? Which will give me the better but? I was also looking at the toro, how do all of these compare, which is the best?

2. cmurphy128

cmurphy128 LawnSite Member

have you check out husqvarna?
    check out my site it has a lot of links
    www.morganpower.com
    i wont sell out of state though, just some info for you..

3. themowerman

themowerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

You should also check out BobCat, Wright Stander, and EverRide. They all have websites.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Dependability and best Cut_______Turf Tracer Exmark Ultracut.
    John

5. supermini z

supermini z LawnSite Member

scag is better than exmark if you had the choice go with the scag. Also the handles on the exmark are better. The scag has alot more thicker deck than exmark. I use to have the metro 36" now I have a hustler zero-turn. Hustler has the t-bar that is like riding a scotter and it is very very easy. check hustler out before buying anything then decide. I like the hustler

6. loud_mouth22

loud_mouth22 LawnSite Member

ive used an exmark tt 60 inch hydro it stripes nice and is reliable it has a 20 horse kohler it throws the grass out no problem even if it is tall seems to be a good deck design iv seen other mowers have problems cutting grass that has been fertilized and cutting on day 8 thats my 2 cents but i havnt seen any scags yet

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You should see the Turf Tracer In person not just in print.
    John

970-300.jpg

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I like the cut of my scag but i dont like thoose pistol grips 6-10 hours aday, try one out for a day and be sure before you buy,I have a scag wb that is 3 years old and has only 50 hours on it, me and pistol grips dont get along

9. sdog882007

sdog882007 LawnSite Member

How does dixie chopper line up with exmark and maybe scag (ZTR's)

10. fishinman22487

fishinman22487 LawnSite Member

I would go with an Exmark because the new ECS(Enhanced Contol System) handles will save your hands a lot from trees and such. I own a Exmark Viking 36" hydro. It cuts a lot of grass, even when it has just rained. A perfect mower!!!!!

Good Luck!!