Scag Vs. Hustler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by exmarkdude, Aug 27, 2006.

1. exmarkdude

exmarkdude LawnSite Member

2006 Hustler 60" xr7 30 hp vs. 2006 Scag Wildcat Velocity 61" 26kaw lc. The Hustler is 8500.00 out the door and the Scag is 8000.00 out the door any opinions on the performance of either please.

2. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

Get a like new Z2 Lesco off Ebay for the 3500$ range, 50 cents on the $ applies to all MTD products!

3. davemanou812

davemanou812 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Hustler hands down.

4. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

A freind of mine bought a Scag Wild cat 61, he claims it scalpes to much because the foot print of the tires is to narrow? The metal work on a Scag is a work of art!

5. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Who is the better dealer thats what it comes down to.

6. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

Sometimes dealers sell both, the Scag wild cat is a awesome looking mower I do not like the shaft design on the Turf Tiger.

7. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I would not opt for a 30 Kohler. I would look at the 28 efi, or 27 if going that route. I like everything about my Hustler, and used to be a scag man.

Which dealers are you looking at for these units? Rigg's and Terpstra's?

I would not spend one cent at Terpstra's. If these are your choices, I would choose a dixon over a Scag!

8. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is Terpstra's in Griffith IN ? I take it you're experiences dealing with them are bad .

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We have a 2006 wildcat in a 52 inch this is a great mower,prices seem fair on both scag is a top mower never run a hustler as far as power the 26 handles the 52 inch fine.

10. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

tHAT IS SUPPOSEDLY THE THING, scag designed the wild cat for a 52 inch deck and just throws a 61 deck on it with out widening the stance and the end results are it SCALPES!