Scag vs. Toro 60"'s down to these,,,help!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crazycritterguy, Jul 13, 2004.

1. crazycritterguy

crazycritterguy LawnSite Member

I've tested them both, and I feel they are simular...comfort wise. They both come with 27 HP one is going to last me the longest with normal support being equal.?????..Any other advice???

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I've only ran the Toro, and it's a real nice machine. If you take care of it you shouldn't experience any downtime for several seasons (unless you crash it into a tree and bend the deck on it, but that's another story)
  3. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

I can vouch for the New Toro's.

I've got the Z588E, excellent machine, faultless!

Virtually indestructable imo.
  4. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

go with the scag.
  5. jaguar4000

jaguar4000 LawnSite Member

SCAG!! Just do it!! They cut great and hold up great down here in Florida where the grass grows fast and is tuff year round. Sure Toro is great too but see more Scags down here. Hustlers have been selling big too here.
  6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Go with Toro if you want a good cut and quality mower! Go with Scag if you want a poor cut but is built solid. Our scag cut's like crapola!
  7. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

TORO!!! i have one and it has been nothing but great. i got in a rut with mine and it pulled me into a ten foot deep hole with a stump at the bottom and hit that stump going about 12 mph with the edge of the deck and nothing happened to it except the belt came off one pully! i love this machine!
  8. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

SCAG, it has better components and built way stronger than the toro.
  9. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

On my 3rd scag and getting ready to buy two more. Demoed a toro a couple years ago and wasn't overly impressed.
  10. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I'd have to go with Scag. We've been very happy with our 61" Turf Tiger. Both are good though.