Scag W/b Belt Drive Pulling To The Right

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JJOHN22042, Apr 17, 2002.

1. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

I have a new Scag W/B Belt Drive when Mowing it seems to be pulling to the right. How can this be adjusted??
  2. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Check the tire pressure. If one is low it will change the circumference of the tire thus causing the mower to pull to that side.
  3. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I thought you were going to buy an EXMARK!?!?!?! After all that advice we gave you I thought we had you convinced! :confused: :blob4:
  4. He got it for $100 less than the Exmark so he thought he was saving money. LMAO Yeah right.

Tire pressure is the assumed answer.

Also make sure it is well lubed, a front caster tire that doesn't turn free will make it pull also.
  5. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

Ok guys you can hit me hard for not Buying the Exmark. But the Dealer here kept giving me the run around on the Price and Service. Scag was up front on everything and the Scag cost more than the Exmark so Money was not the reason if was just how the Dealer treated me.:blob1: :blob1:
  6. Jeff11

Jeff11 LawnSite Member

Scag, Exmark, hey they are practically the same thing! Of course I have a used Snapper so what the hell do I know. Posted the same problem last week and it was the tire pressure. My circumference on one of the wheels was off by over two inches!

Good luck.:cool: