scag W.B.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Holders Residential, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Holders Residential

Holders Residential LawnSite Member

I was thinking about selling my scag walk behind with jungle wheels. But Im not sure how much to ask for it. I was thinking about 5000.00 its a 52 inch hydro with a17 kaw. 2004 model with only 176 hrs. Only problem is not to many around here that use large W.B. Im wanting a 61 inch scag wildcat.

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

:dizzy: :dizzy: $5,000 thats alot of money.....I can get one new for that price..:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

3. Holders Residential

A dealer told me a new one was about 6300.00 plus tax plus cost of the jungle wheels. All this would be about 7000.00.

4. 02DURAMAX

why didnt you buy a wildcat in the first place???

5. Holders Residential

I bought this mower as a backup to my husky 52/23 but when I saw how much better it cut I thought I might like to have a scag rider. So Im selling the husky and was thinking of selling the w.b. to so I could keep my expenses down. The wildcat is 8300.00 26kaw. l.c. new 06 model.

6. 02DURAMAX

I can get the same 2006 wildcat for $8,000 From my dealer...:usflag: (Russo Power Equipment)

7. Holders Residential

So what do think my w.b. is worth. Im just telling you what this dealer is asking not what we bargained for. Also I might not mind paying alittle more because this dealer seems to have great service for his dedicated customers. For instance afix it while you wait program. Ive also run into a problem with a dealer who was selling his mowers cheaper than anybody else but he almost never had even the most basic parts in stock such as belts. I whish i had spent more money and got a better dealer.

8. 02DURAMAX

Well, That scag is now considered a three year old mower.....2004 52" walk-behind 176 hours, hydro, recoil start, and jungle wheels..If I was selling the the mower i would start at $3500-3800....but If you can find someone that gives you more,..say $4,100 or more than thats a good sell...:drinkup:

And i say this because in October of 2005 i bought my 2003 wright stander(2 years old) 52" 23hp Kawasaki for $3500..with 225hours and this Novermber i bought a 2005 Scag tiger cub(1 year old) 48" 19hp Kawasaki with 225hours also for $3,500....:drinkup: :drinkup:

9. Holders Residential

Thanks for the info sounds you got some good deals on your mowers. I bought tthis mower used last year for 4000.00 with about 80 hrs. on it. I was just testing the water that same dealer told me it was worth more because the price of a new w.b. was so much more. Probably going to keep it though I like it alot its big enough to get a large yard done quick and light enough and manuverable enough to do small jobs too. But you already know this I see you have a 48.

10. 02DURAMAX

Sounds good....And yes I do have a Scag Walk-behind Belt drive(I wish i had got the hydro) 48" 17hp Kawasaki...That is the only mower i have bought new from the dealer..