Scag Walk Behind Manual

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by GrassInPA, Feb 18, 2006.

1. GrassInPA

GrassInPA LawnSite Member

Guys,

Picked up this mower today after buying it on E-bay earlier in the week :) . I was wondering if you guys would be able to tell me a model number by looking at some pictures. The tag that shows the model and serial number in the back has a chunk missing out of it. Any help would be appreciated. The machine is a Scag belt drive, 36 inch, 14 HP walk behind.
    Thanks,

Zach

Lawn Mower 009.jpg

Lawn Mower 005.jpg

Lawn Mower 007.jpg

2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW...Than's one of the weirdest mower/engine combos I've ever seen. Looks like a Kohler engine with a Kawi muffler. How much did you pay for it? As for the manual...try the Scag website, if there isn't one on there, try your dealer.

3. Metalmacguyver

Metalmacguyver LawnSite Member

yeah how much did you pay for it? i have a 48" scag that i am rebuilding and will soon be looking to sell. its about 10 years old and will look like new after im done with it. how much do you think it would be worth. its got a 14hp kohler and is belt driven.

cant help you w/the exact model number but other than the advantage deck, scag walk behinds havnt changed to much as far as i know. guess the year and you will probably find a manual on the scag site. good luck

4. GrassInPA

GrassInPA LawnSite Member

Metal,

I paid $850 for it but also got the mulching plate and and extra 15 HP kohler engine to go with it. I don't know if the 15 HP runs yet, but I figure it will be good to have once it does. I have no idea how much a rebuilt one would be worth. I just wish I had found this in the late fall or something so I had more time to work on it. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Zach

5. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

You paid $850 for that? I wouldn't have paid more than $400 for a mower that old, and in that condition. I hate to say it, but I think you got shafted big time!:hammerhead: