1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scag Walk behind question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ksland, Jun 28, 2003.

1. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I just purchased a new 48" hydro Scag with a 17 kawi fixed deck model today, my question is has anyone used the mulcher kit for the advantage decks? Also, I am replacing older model scag with this and I noticed the handlebars are set at a different angle, I am pretty sure I can change it with other holes that are pre drilled in the frame, but will I have to re adjust all the control levers also?
  2. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag Advantage Deck, and Scags mulching baffle set up, very hard to beat.
    It may be a financial pain in the pocket (they all are), but once you've used it a few times, you won't even think of how much it was again.
    It REALLY is great.

They did raise the handles/or angle a bit, and yes you'll have to make adjustments for the drive/brake grips and probably the brake band too. They're both easy, no biggie, you can do it.
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

With it being a HYDRO (RusticGoat! :rolleyes: ) I really don't know. But I'm SURE that it tells you in the manual if this is necessary. SCAG actually offers a pretty decent manual. Make time to read it from cover to cover.

I had to make a few adjustments to my Belt drive SCAG when I raised (pushed forward) the handle bars.

Try it. If you need ajustment, then you NEED to adjust it!
  4. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Oops, that hydro word was used wasn't it, bottom line remains the same.
    A couple adjustments will probably have to be made, but they are quite easy, and don't take long to do.