Scag walk behinds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by B&Clawncare, Jun 13, 2012.

1. LawnMastersTN

LawnMastersTN LawnSite Senior Member

That is not always true. I have replaced two transmissions on a 36 WB but never had any issues out of my hydro WB. The hydro last longeer and is way more dependable but you do have the extra expense if something goes wrong, but I just rebuild them myself.

2. B&Clawncare

B&Clawncare LawnSite Member

The motor has 1600 hours. I am now solo so I only use one mower at a time obviously. I need a back up and I think the 52" would be great. I wouldn't be putting crazy hours on it so the 1600 hours doesn't bother me too much. I can go to my dealer and find one with 1600 hours for $2500. Way better deal even with the hydro leaking from this guy
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. LawnMastersTN

If I had the oppertunity I would buy both. Thats a good deal on them as long as they run ok and arent rusted all to hell.

4. B&Clawncare

No, just some deck wear. This is a bit off topic but on my 36" hydro the right connection going from the hydro fluid res down to the pump feels like it is stripped. Leaking a bunch. Nothing to do with the actual hydro itself. Just the stupid box. Should I buy a whole new box or just use something to hold it into place. Gorilla glue or epoxy
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. LawnMastersTN

I'd go to a local brass, pipe, and hose shop and get a brass converting fitting and tap the hole in the tank one size larger. Or if your not good with fixing things buy a new tank. Your just asking for issues if you try to patch it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. B&Clawncare

thanks a lot for the reply's!