Scag walkbehind OUTTA CONTROL!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by 2k1yzfr1, Dec 30, 2003.

1. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

Not really but it sounded catchy.......I have a 3-4 year old scag walkbehind 36" belt drive that for some reason doesn't die when you release the handles while it is in gear. I thought that it could be the plug that connect under the instrument panel b/c it was weathered, but after cutting the plug off and rewiring everything it still doesn't stop running. Anyone have any idea what I need to check??:confused:

2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

post a pic of your underside of your grips and the trans

3. 2k1yzfr1

That's one thing I've been meaning to buy is a damn digital camera. :(

4. hole in one lco

ill look for my repair manual to give you a good idea what to look for i run lesco same mower

5. 2k1yzfr1

I would appreciate that greatly. I really don't have a clue as where to look. Thanks again

Justin

6. hole in one lco

look on your trans right next to the shifter should be a plug check that then under your grips there should be 2 plugs one is ignition other is kill switch check that to

7. 2k1yzfr1

The plug going into the trans was hooked up, but the sensor going into the tranny looked like a plunger type sensor. Any idea on how this works?

8. 2k1yzfr1

OPPS didn't mean to hit send.....I've checked and rechecked all the wires.........that's why I'm thinking it might be that switch going into the tranny.

9. hole in one lco

unplug the plug from the trans and put a peace of wire in the plug to connect the points if that works its the plug

10. 2k1yzfr1

I pulled the plug and put a piece of wire between the connectors and the mower wouldn't start. So I hooked it up and then started it and pulled the plug and connected the wire and the mower died when the handles were up. So I'm guessing that it is the plug, but the mower doesn't know that it is in neutral when the wire is connected. Does that sensor going into the tranny know when the mower is in N ? I unscrewed the sensor from the tranny and after looking at it couldn't figure out how it worked so I split the tranny cases and still haven't a clue??

BTW How much grease should be in the transmission??