Scag WB or Exmark WB...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slicksilverado01, Feb 25, 2005.

1. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Hello all!! This is my first post here. I think this site is awsome. I am learning alot from it.

I have a few questions about the scag SWZU 52" w/19 kaw and the exmark Turf tracer 52" w/ 23 kaw. Right now I have a scag ztr and a gravely ztr. I want to purchase a wb for some hills and also possible hiring someone. I know this question is asked all the time but which mower cuts better? I figure the exmark would be the choice to go since it has the bigger motor, canister airfilter, and it has the ecs controls. I am not sure of the keypoint features of the scag are but I know That the scag doest have the stuff I listed that the exmark has (pretty sure). Is there any big probs people are having with either unit?

Thanks
    Mark

2. slicksilverado01

from Ohio

anyone?????

3. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

I have a Ex-mark 48''walk behind ECS handles, good machine

4. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

5. yourlawnguy

yourlawnguy LawnSite Member

I have the Exmark 52" Turf Tracer and I have to say it is an absolutely awesome machine. I've had zero problems with it. The quality of cut is awesome and it has plenty of power.

6. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Traman, I saw that thread about the Husqvarna, too. I looked into them while considering what to buy, but the nearest Husqvarna dealer to me is about 20 miles from here.

That's the peculiar thing about where I live. The per-capita income in Fairfax County is second among U.S. counties the last time I looked, and there are a zillion LCOs around here. Still, there are no dealers for Husky, Dixie Chopper, Kubota or Hustler within a decent driving distance of here. I don't understand why some of these manufacturers aren't interested in penetrating this market.

I know 20 miles doesn't sound like much, but around here, you can eat half a day driving that far, and then there's the return trip. It's not just northern VA, either. That happens to be true of a number of cities in the U.S. Anyone living in metro Atlanta, for instance, can verify that.

I get the feeling that a lot of manufacturers tend to ignore this little fact of life when establishing a dealer network.

7. slicksilverado01

from Ohio

well today I thought I decided to get the exmark turf tracer 52" 23hp kaw....

When I went to the dealer to get it and found out the price $6,800!!! I was kinda shocked.... but I was looking around at some units and saw a sign that had a new 05 scag tigercub 52" with the 23hp kaw (has rops) for $6,600 my dealer has two stores and it was from the other store. I asked him why so cheap??? and he said he bought alot for this spring and had only a few 4 left and wanted to get rid of them and just carry the wildcat, zcat, and turf tigers. The tiger cubs norm go for $7,400 here. I am glad I went to the dealer today. I am going to get it in 2 weeks.

8. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

Traman, I saw that thread about the Husqvarna, too. I looked into them while considering what to buy, but the nearest Husqvarna dealer to me is about 20 miles from here.
    yep i know what you mean closest Husqvarna dealer to me is 14 miles away
    but there are exmark dealers everywhere scag and john deer also , my be they pay a premium to be the only player in town ????