Scag Wildcat 52" 26 HP Kaw LC

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brokenarrow, Oct 2, 2006.

1. brokenarrow

brokenarrow LawnSite Member

Thanks to all for the posts and reviews on the ZTRs. Our craftsman mower finally gave up and forced my hand. After many test drives, tons of brochures and many windy sales lines we decided to go with the Scag Wildcat with a 52" deck. I placed the order today and will take delivery on Saturday. I am having trouble deciding if I am excited about the new mower or sick about how much this thing costs!!

We have about 4 acres to cut between our place and my parents, so the little 42 inch craftsman has earned a break (may it R.I.P.).

I learned a ton reading the posts from everyone that has hands on experience with the different mowers. In the end, it turned out that the foot petal on the deck lift was the biggest factor for us between many of the top brands. We chose the wildcat over the Tiger Cub for the better seat and the bigger LC Kawasaki engine.

Thanks to all!!:usflag:

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I think it will make you a fine mower and cutting 4 acres a week should last you a long time. I have a tiger cub with a 48'' deck and kohler 20 hp and Im very pleased with it. My mower has alomost 900 hours on it now and it has had a few iussues but mainly just routine things that need to be replaced with age. I am hoping to move up to a wildcat in late 2007 or spring of 2008.Be sure to post back and let us know how the mower is doing

wayne

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow LawnSite Member

We finally picked up the mower last weekend. The dealer didn't have one in stock and had to order it in. I am amazed at the quality of the cut on the mower. Not only did it cut our mowing time in half (probably even more when we get used to it), the yard looks great. We have a lot of uneven areas and no trouble with scalping. We did have to let some air out of the tires to smooth out the ride a little. The dealer had right at 30lbs. in them. We haven't logged enough hours yet to have encountered any problems, so only time will tell. Definitely a good decision on going to a ZTR. My 11 year old is claiming mowing rights, so long-term opinions may have to come from him.:usflag: