Scag Wildcat 61" Liquid Cooled 26HP $9,400-Price Check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Aug 31, 2007.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

My local dealer quoted this today. Does it seem a bit high?

2. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Wow...thats a thousand bucks more then what my dealer has them for.....You could get a TT with Liquid cooled engine for that price and still save a few bucks....I might have to buy up a few mowers and bring them north and sale them...lol...

3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Find a NEW Dealer

4. DixieChopper88

DixieChopper88 LawnSite Member

Actually thats around the same price up around here. I have a dealer 1 mile away and 25 miles away and they're the same price as that.

5. HS Football Rules

HS Football Rules LawnSite Member

If you can't find that mower for $8600 OUT THE DOOR,
    then keep looking. I have two quotes under 8K pre-tax
    but they were part of an equipment package.
    Stand a lone prices down here are 8299 on avg.

6. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Also around $8300 dollars around here. You could by a Tiger for that price at my dealer.

7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Paid somewhere around 10k for my 61 tiger with 29 LC/EFI kawi. Of course that was about two years ago. Still, I believe your price is a little high. I would think the first number should be 8 not 9.

8. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Nine - ten thousand dollars for a gasoline powered mower? :confused: :dizzy:

I LOVE the durability & torque from my fuel-sippin' diesel for the same money. :weightlifter: :usflag:

9. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Actually it was another 2000 for the rear soft bagger. Just got out my original receipt...

Bought it in July of 05 paid 11800 for it...12508 with tax

I have no problems with what I spend for it. I have 01 and 02 SCAG WB units with the 17hp gas kawi's and (knock on wood) they are going strong. Few dings and dents but still getting the job done...and well.

10. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Payed 7900.00 including tax i believe ( 7600 before) last dec for a 06 wildcat 52 almost 10 grand for a cat in my mind is way off base I love scag ( have 4) but would look at switching brands before i payed that