Scag Wildcat any good?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lobsiger, Sep 21, 2006.

1. lobsiger

lobsiger LawnSite Member

local dealers are really discounting these mowers compared to other SCAG models. I can get a Wildcat 52" deck with a 25 KAW for the same price as a Tiger Cub with a 52" deck and 23 KAW. Something doesn't smell right that they are selling a higher level mower with a oil cooler and better seat for the same price as a lower model.

2. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

The Wildcat and the Tiger cub are basically the same machine. The Wildcat has a much nicer seat and I don't think much else over the tiger Cub.

Also the Tigercubs the dealer has may be newer than the wildcat they have. Dealers don't like mowers sitting in the showroom collecting dust, so they will drop prices to move a unit.

Does the wildcat your looking at have the new velocity deck?

3. lobsiger

lobsiger LawnSite Member

yes they come with the new Velocity deck.

4. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Ask the dealer why the lower price. I am curious now what his answer will be

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We have two wildcats a 05 and a 06 models great machines hydro coolers very pleased would buy another one we run 52 inchs cuts and less.

6. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Got a 52" wildcat with 27 lc Kawasaki last spring, Awsome mower have never had as smooth a cut. Am homeowner and only put 15 hours on unit this summer due to drought but am well pleased. Wish I could have gotten that kind of a deal, go for it!!