Scag Wildcat pricing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HazellLawnCare, Nov 14, 2006.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Ok guys I have been Toro through and through for years now, but I am moving to another area to work and I need service and the best dealer around carries Deere and Scag equipment. I have looked at both machines and have decided on the Scag.

I am looking at a Scag Wildcat with the 52" Velocity deck and 26 horse liquid cooled Kawasaki engine. I was quoted a price of $8269 for the mower. Does this sound fare?

I was also quoted $1864 for the 3 bag bagger and $354 for their striping roller.

This seems high to me for I recall paying $10,500 for liquid cooled LARGE frame Toros with the baggers installed. Does this sound like he is in the right ballpark? Keep in mind I am also buying 4 Wright Standers from this same dealer.

2. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont mind telling you that i paid 7899 for my wildcat. last year its a 52 25 kaw air cooled. as far as the bagger i think that is kinda high especially if you going to be bying all that equipment from this dealer. you can bye the stripping kit from a company named j-thomas for around 170.00. one thing we all know to look for is the after the sale service. if your service is second to none then i dont mind paying a little extra.

3. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

OK the dealer just called me back and said $9945 for the mower, striping roller, and bagger. This sounds better to me. I know the liquid cooled makes the machine a little higher priced but it is something I am willing to pay for.

4. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

I paid 8091 plus tax last spring. That included lights, trailer hitch, mulch plate and a blade buddy( keeps blades from turning when removing)