Scag Wildcat ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rockysmith, Oct 13, 2007.

1. rockysmith

rockysmith LawnSite Member

I am looking at purchasing a 52 inch cut scag wildcat. Has anyone used one of these mowers, what kind of feedback can you give and does anyone have a preference over scag. Feedback is appreciated good or bad

Thank you in advance for participating
    Rocky

2. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member

Scags are the best.

3. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have the 61. No complaints here. Solid mower cuts good and I haven't had anything break on it. I wish the hydro's had a little more power but that it minor.

-TAZ

4. wall

wall LawnSite Member

For me it would depend on the deck size and price. Spend more and get the Turf Tiger 61"or 72" or less and get the Tiger Cub 48" or 52". I got the Tiger Cub 48". Nothing wrong with the Wildcat it's just kind of stuck in the middle. It really depends on what you are mowing.

5. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I ran a 52" 25 kawasaki air-cooled Wildcat for 2 years. I put around 600 hrs. on it and had no problems what so ever. I bought a Turf Tiger and decided to sell the wildcat. It was awsome in my small residential yards. I would tell anyone in the market for a new zero to definately look at the Wildcat. If you want to spend more I would suggest the Turf Tiger. It hold hills alot better and is more comfortable for me being a longer machine. I like my Turf Tiger but would not hesitate to buy another Wildcat. In my opinion you can't go wrong at all with any Scag. They are " simply the best" mower I have ever used.

6. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just wish the smaller SCAGs could move faster. They seem to like the cant get out of their own way. Currently I own 52 Turf Tiger.

7. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

I own a 52 Wildcat with the L/C 26 Kawi and also have a tiger cub The wildcat is a far better mower than cub ever was . I love the Velocity plus deck and wouldnt hestitate to buy another wildcat ever. Like someone else said works good in small res lawns as its smaller than Turf Tiger

8. rockysmith

rockysmith LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info.
    The Wildcat will be used to mow acres. should hold up well

9. CELawn

CELawn LawnSite Member

I have a Tiger Cub and my uncle runs Turf Tigers. They are great machines that are built like tanks, but also ride like tanks. They can really beat you up on uneven ground. IMO it's worth the rough ride to have such a durable machine.