Scag won't start HELP HELP!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by tsh1773, Sep 8, 2006.

1. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

2004 Tiger Cub with 19 HP Kawasaki will not start. Both plugs have good fire but are dry. I check all fuel line and fuel flows good into the carburetor. I washed it last night but it ran fine when I loaded it back up. I check the 2 20amp fuses near the control panel and they are fine. Checked all connections and blow them out with air compressor. Still nothing. Any suggestions? Help. I need it tomorrow.

2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

can you get it to run by adding a small cap full of gas through the carb or starting fluid? If it starts and runs for a second or two then you have a fuel problem. If it doesn't fire or back fires then maybe it's the flywheel key.

3. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Check your safety's.

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I'm thinking that also or the water shorted something out.:confused:

5. FIXDISS

FIXDISS LawnSite Senior Member

First check to see if you have power on the fuel shut off solenoid. You may have ran the fuel out of bowl loading it back up and if fuel solenoid got unplugged when washing it off then you will not get fuel . If you have power to it then make sure it is operating properly.:dizzy:

6. tsh1773

It's firing fine. How do you check the safetys?

7. tsh1773

How do I do this?

8. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

On the bottom of the carb bowl will be a solenoid. Make sure there is a wire hooked up to the bottom of it.................

9. FIXDISS

FIXDISS LawnSite Senior Member

Don't have a diagram of your engine to reference but normally the fuel solenoid is located at the bottom of the fuel bowl on carb. If this is the case there should be a wire lead with a connector there where you can use a meter to check for voltage when key is turnned to on position. If you have voltage (12v)there then while switch is still on touch the connectors back together while listenning for a click from the solenoid.

10. tsh1773

It has a green and white wire going into the solenoid. They are hooked up. I will check a meter.