Scag zero turn mowers?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Steve's Mow & Trim, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Steve's Mow & Trim

Steve's Mow & Trim LawnSite Member

Ok so I just resciently bought a 1990 sierra from this guy/ He mentioned that he has a 1980's Zero Turn Scag. He said he just had a brand new 18hp engine put in it and the mower itself is rust free. He wants $1500 for it I have not seen this mower yet, and have not been able to find any 1980's scag zero turns on the internet....where would i find info on them on the net? I don't know the model #/type or the year.

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

you could always send an email to scag asking them about their older models....Be sure to inqure about parts availability as well...Hate to buy a 20 year old mower only to find they don't stock parts for it anymore

http://www.scag.com/contactus.html

3. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Id hate to see you dump that much money into an antique.Save it and invest in something that will make you money. My .02

4. sunriseturf

sunriseturf LawnSite Member

I don't think they came out with a ZTR until 1994....check with Scag on that one though. I would go for something newer just for the fact of getting parts would be easier.

5. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

It could be an early Scag Super Z.