1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scag ZTR Questions!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BBallkid42, Jul 25, 2011.

1. BBallkid42

BBallkid42 LawnSite Member

I'm in the market for a new Scag zero-turn. Looking at the newer models I would probably say I am interested in a Wildcat or Tiger Cat either 48" or 52" deck. Is there a difference between the two and as far as pricing goes what should I be looking at to get a fair deal on either of them. Obviously I need a great commercial mower and from reviews I can tell the Tiger Cub or Freedom Z aren't built to be a long-lasting commercial mower? Is that a correct assumption? Any input on pricing or experience with these mowers would be great, thanks.
  2. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

Freedom Z = no comm, Tiger Cub = Comm. Velo + is a great deck. Cuts & stripes nice here is Ohio. Good luck with your purchase.
  3. BBallkid42

What do you mean when you say no comm? Do you mean not commercial? I'm looking mainly at the Wildcat vs. TigerCat and the only difference I can tell between the 2 is that the Wildcat requires oil cooler and the other doesn't.
  4. Nickcon404

Nickcon404 LawnSite Member

Tiger Cub and Tiger Cat is same mower. Just renamed to Tiger Cat. Wildcat has a few more bells and whistles but pretty much same machine as Tiger Cat.

Great Mower!!
  5. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I put a 50 dollar B&M oil cooler on my TC. And a suspension seat. Good little mower.
  6. BBallkid42

How much did your TC cost you and how much should I be looking to pay for a 48" TC? Also, is there a big difference between getting the 19HP engine and 26HP engine?
  7. scagman52

scagman52 LawnSite Senior Member

If you go to the Scag website it will answer all your questions.
  8. LiveGreenLawn

LiveGreenLawn LawnSite Member

I have my Scag V-ride 52 up for sale if interested. Has velocity deck. 26 hp kaw 160 hrs.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. tuffram

tuffram LawnSite Senior Member

One of the main differences between the tiger cat and the wild cat is you can get liquid cooled Kawasaki on the wild cat.
  10. scagman52

scagman52 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been thinking of doing this also. Could you show a pic and/or explain how you installed it? Thanks