1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

scag ztr types?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowinJesusFreak, May 24, 2007.

1. MowinJesusFreak

MowinJesusFreak LawnSite Member

i just wanted to ask those who own and use a ztr scag which kind do you have and why. I checked out the dealership page but i was wanting to know what are some of the big differences in the types from people who use them. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

48" Turf tiger with the 26 briggs. Fast enough for larger jobs, but can do small residentials without tearing the lawn up. For someone like me who works solo and has a snapper zero turn dedicated to bagging, It was the obvious choice.
  3. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I have both a 52" wildcat and a 52" Turf Tiger. Both have their good points. I would consider a wildcat over the Tiger Cub because of a few things you can get on the wildcat like hydro oil cooler,bigger tires,bigger engine options, also wildcat is a little longer in the front for better stability on hillls. But if you want to spend a little more the Turf Tiger its a whole different mower. The tiger sits on hills alot better that the others and its shaft driven compared to belt driven. which means more maintenance. Also the Tiger is bigger and rides better but it also weighs more too. It just comes down to what you want good,better,or best?:usflag:
  4. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Im such a goof. Ive been reading turf tiger so much the last couple of days. lol I have a 48" TIGER CUB. and a