Scag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by phoenixsteeler, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not a big fan anymore of the pro v. I wouldn't mind a v ride, or the new walk behind if it was built stronger.

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I only ran Scag for 15 years. The Velocity deck is the best deck in wet conditions hands down, very hard to make it clump. The down side is longer clippings that tend to blanket the top of the turf. As far as build quality Scag is one of the best and I would get 3000+ hours out of my machines before selling them. Most of which are still going. I have switched to another brand that cuts almost as good in wet conditions and better in dry. But I would not hesitate to run Scags again.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. phoenixsteeler

phoenixsteeler LawnSite Member

What did you switch to?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GMLC

This is my second season running Gravely with great results. Lots of compliments from my customers on cut quality. We have been very happy so far. I have a few reviews on both scag and gravely on LS. Both are awesome machines!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. phoenixsteeler

How is the striping quality?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. GMLC

Here are some various cut quality pics in wet and dry conditions. Stripes are excellent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. phoenixsteeler

Very nice
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

I switched from many years of Scag just like GMLC to gravely mid season last year. Just like he said better cut dry and not as good in wet conditions as a Scag. However, the big seller on the 460 is the air ride seat. You should demo one.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. kube616

kube616 LawnSite Member

I run only Scag. Last year ran a 36 Belt a Drive and a 48 Tiger Cub. This winter picked up a 52 Hydro Walk. Next winter looking to replace the 36 Belt with a 36 V Ride. I love scag quality. Machine will run and cut great until the engine dies. Scag is the best quality in my opinion.

10. phoenixsteeler

What is the price differences
    Posted via Mobile Device