scag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by malliso, Jul 12, 2004.

1. malliso

malliso LawnSite Member

just got a 2004 scag tiger cub 48 ztr.very sweet

2. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

nice how much??????????????????

3. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

nice mower. wish i had one

4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

There good mowers, we have two Tiger Cubs 48in/19hp Kawasaki one is 1yr old with 350hrs the other is about 4 months old with 60 hrs. They both have had few problems, we are in the process of replacing one idler pulley, other than just routine maintenance.

5. John Smith

John Smith LawnSite Member

2003 cub 48"
    70 hrs
    The spring for the drive belt just broke last week .
    The Scag dealer said they just sent out a service bulletin to replace with a deferrent spring (fatter thin the original).
    great mower, no complaints so far..

6. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

the drive spring should have been replaced last year it was on a service bulletin last fall and i went to dealer and he told me same thing and gave me the new updated one so i replaced my self as for idler puller we just replaced ours under warrenty and also replaced tensioner spring for idler too with a much heavier one all under warrenty be sure and ck your belt for stretching since idler pully went out my stretched over 5 inchs my dealer also replaced belt under warrenty good thing that belt is long and sure its about 75 to 80 bucks if i had to buy it

7. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 52" cub thats just hit two years with little over 1,100 hrs. Great machine!

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I bought a tiger cub 48/20 hp kohler this year. Has almost 200 hours on it and running strong

9. malliso

malliso LawnSite Member

we gave 6,000 for it