Scag's Cub 19,22 or 26 hp ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ssscooter66, Apr 11, 2007.

1. ssscooter66

ssscooter66 LawnSite Member

To start off I would like to say thanks for all of the information I found here. I decided to get the Cub except I'm not sure what motor to get. The "big" 26 hp. B/S is being sold for $6695 and the Kawawsaki 19 hp. is $6oo more for a smaller motor. I noticed on their internet site also showed they had the 23hp. Kohler engine. The dealer close to me didn't even mention the Kohler motor was available or the price for it . I'm just hoping to hear what the pro's say is the better engine ..

Thanks again,
    Scott :usflag:
  2. craglawnmanor

craglawnmanor LawnSite Member

Personally, I like the Kawasaki engine. I've had Kaw's on a number of pieces of equipment with no issues. I don't have experience with the Kohler engine you mentioned.
  3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Kohlers have a good reputation, maybe not as good as Kaw but still very dependable power at a lower price.

SPENCER HUNTER LawnSite Member

i've had this mower for 4 year's i have almost a dozen or so people i do grass cutting for people say this mower would not hold up ,but it has, i guess lucky for me huh !!! now i have the cub w/48 inch cut i am real happy with the performance of this mower as far as i'm concerned it is the best one out there
    the next mower i'll get will be the zcat for smaller properties with small entrance's
  5. TomB

TomB LawnSite Member

You'll get more with the Kawasaki unit. They have the flat free tires on the front, a foldable ROPS and the adjustable steering levers.
  6. ssscooter66

Thanks for the info. I guess I`ll spend the extra $600 and get the Kawasaki ...
  7. ssscooter66

Just curious about what kind of prices these are selling for at different places...

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag stopped the sabre tooth and the z-cat no more we purchased a striping kit for the z-cat this week i was thinking they would no longer sell these.
  9. ssscooter66

Just curious what these are selling for in different places. Thanks, Scott