1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

SCAG's new mulch blades!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Orkin Yards, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

Scag seems to have some pretty impressive mulch blades out now, I called to get a price on the, i'm looking at $90 to get a set for my 36 and for my 48, VERY EXPENSIVE, so before I order them, do any of you guys have any imput on these blades? I am trying to find a blade that is possibly lighter than the gators so I won't have so much strain on my mower when running double blades. Any input would be appriciated, check the new blades out at http://www.scag.com and go to "what's new"
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like a cross between the "Ninja" mulchers offered by snapper and the "Gator" blades.

I would almost recommend that before you spend $90 on these blades that you try the double blades of Chicago native Eric ELM and see how they work with your equipment first.

Just my .02
  3. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was talking to Jeff about these blades and I was wondering if they can be used on a Exmark?? Anyone know?
  4. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

They look like the new mulching blades made by Stens called the Raptor.
  5. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

I run after market on my scag,have had no problems, anybody have any problems with afters. Anybody have any word on the new advantage deck from scag, im looking to buy a 61 turf tiger. thanks
  6. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

where can i get info on STENS blades, is that an aftermarket brand that i can get for my scag or not? if its cheaper than these scag blades i might want some of those
  7. GLM

GLM LawnSite Member

Stens makes mulchers for Scag. I've used the Gators and the Stens side by side and found that the Gators did a little bit better job mulchin' but the Stens had a little more lift and I could use the bagger if I needed to. The Stens would bag when the Gaters would not. BTW tommorrow I'm looking at my Gravely Pro-150 to see what it would take to do double blades. It sounds great.