Scag's new seat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Johnagain, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Ergonomics look similar to the Cheetah seat with more side bolster and, of course, suspension added? I hope so cause my TT comes in next week. I will upload some pics.

I think someone on here had mentioned the Cheetah seat being more comfortable than the TT seat.

2. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Haha, almost as bad as the wing on the Bad Boys. Maybe next year BB will offer spinners or floaters on their mowers:laugh:

3. dathorpe

dathorpe LawnSite Senior Member

I recently bought some TT's and chose the Scag Michigan style seat over the new suspension seat. I compared them side by side and the new seat is nice but I've always liked the Michigan seat. The new seat doesn't have lumbar support but you can adjust the angle of the back. It also doesn't have a rain / water leak hole. It is fairly soft but the cover material felt thin and cheap to me. Plus it velcros up the back and as it ages, it'll probably keep opening up. I did like the weight control knob better than the knob on the Michigan.

4. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Well I ordered a suspension seat for a worn out seat thinking it would come in a michigan. Well I got the new style, seems nice. Once the snow melts I'll have a decent comparson of the two.

5. Johnagain

Johnagain LawnSite Senior Member

I'm still waiting on mine to come in. It will have been on backorder for 2 wks tomorrow.

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I sat on a new TT and new Cheetah last Sat that had the new seats on them. They felt pretty comfortable to me. I liked the new style knob for weight adjustment. It makes it very easy to adjust while sitting on it, but it seemed to sort of oscilate in it's mooring as I twisted the knob to get it to my weight, and it took quite a few turns to do. Once I got it set for me, it felt very good, with a decent amount of travel up and down.