Scag's New Stand On Mower????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, May 26, 2003.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I Have Only Heard This But Has anybody Seen It!
    John.

2. Buba

Buba LawnSite Member
    from PA

John, what are you talking about? I have not heard of any other stand on mowers. I do know of the stander and the Super Surfers. Can you give any more info?

3. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

if they got one aint on there web site yet

4. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I never heard of one either

5. turfguy

turfguy LawnSite Member

John.. did you bump your head while you were changing the oil on your exmarks........scag with a standup.....come on...get real..I will bet you a case of corona that it just rumor...

6. John Gamba

from ct

I Heard It From a Reliable Source. Not To start Rumors But Scag Does Give Out Proto's To Try In the field. Some Of You Might want to ask Your dealers. I Do Think It Is Still a Prototype.
    John.

7. Buba

Buba LawnSite Member
    from PA

Thanks John, I think that you might be right. I heard that Toro was trying to buy the Wright manufacturing company that produces the stander units. The stand up concept is really taking off here in PA, so it would make sense that scag wants to get into the business as well. Alot of landscapers are buying the standers and at one time there was a good amount of surfers sold. They say that they take up less trailer space and cut great. I thought that you were an Exmark man?

8. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

BushHogBoy and his welder at it again ,I feel sorry for that walkbehind........:dizzy: :dizzy: j/k

9. John Gamba

from ct

Buba
    I Am But I Dont Think Exmarks Will be Out Before Scags (IF EVER). BiG Ed I Think The same thing!
    There Is a Market For The Stand On Mowers, They Are Lighter,Shorter,Faster Then a walk Or rider. If You Take the Convertible Mower In Ride Mode It Is Only 64" Long. You Can Put Three Of them On a 16' Trailer With a 2" Modification. The Stand On Mowers in The Past Were Hard To adjust Deck Hight Or Just Dont Cut great, Or For what ever reason Not Much Fun To use. Sentar Looks to Be On a roll Now that Its Been Redefined.

But We Will See!
    John.

10. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

John,

Is your blood turning orange? :p