Scag's new walk behind SWZT review!! With pics!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Aug 10, 2013.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Has anyone picked up a new SWZT for this season?

2. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

RLM did, it is in his photo thread with a proslide and accelerator.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

When I was at the dealer they had 6 blown engines and all had less than 6 months use. All from one company. The conclusion so far tooooo much dust. When I checked ours it was loader beyond anything I ever seen.

20140514_101055.jpg

I had dealer to order engine cowen and brackets to put a cannister on mine like on vride.

20140514_101055.jpg

20140514_100407.jpg

4. Marshmallow

Marshmallow LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

My dealer wants $4800 for a 36" is this right?

5. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

This might seem like a stupid question but will Scag supplement a kohler engine over kawasaki? I really like the design of this mower,as I'll be looking at up grading for next year season.

6. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

I'm also hearing that these newer FS engines have a junk air filtration system, you basically have to clean out the air filter daily the best you can. Pain
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The darn filter looks fine but they layed it over and most of the dust is accumulation on the top. That suggest the unit might not be getting enough air. I am definitely putting on the cannister. I just finished rebuilding a 4 year old 13 hp kaw and I put a cannister on it.

8. dathorpe

dathorpe LawnSite Senior Member

Yep. 48". Absolutely love it. Thing is a tank. My guys prefer it over Exmark Turf Tracer and Viking. Close to seventy hours on it now.

9. Marshmallow

Marshmallow LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

Will the dealer or factory put a canister filter on? I would hate to lose warranty for a mod.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

This is one week of use, maybe 25 hours. I am putting the cannister on myself. Kawasaki is very well known for not doing anything when a unit burns oil. If you are worried about warranty you can put the old filter on betorebyou run it in.

20140516_174225.jpg

20140516_174219.jpg