1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Scag's new walk behind SWZT review!! With pics!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Aug 10, 2013.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I have been wanting to try a pro walk for a long time!! Especially with the z controls.

2. GMLC

I have a few properties where the swtz would be perfect. I have always been interested in BOP but Scag has an even better light weight machine now. If this deck cuts good we will have a winner!

I can also see the 36 swzt replacing 21's, 26's, 30's etc.

3. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

You will love it man. Great cut, excellent build, the Z controls are very smooth and easy to use. I was very close to getting one until I saw that my Exmark dealer had S series Turf Tracers for a few hundred cheaper than the Gravelys (At the time, apparently my Gravely dealer was giving me the wrong prices back then :laugh:)

4. GMLC

Just comfirmed Scag offers a bagger, mulch kit and a mulch plate(scags version of a ocdc) for the swzt.

5. dathorpe

dathorpe LawnSite Senior Member

I will need a bagger for it. GMLC, It'll be a couple of weeks before I can even get the opportunity to demo. Hopefully, you'll get the chance to cut with it before then. I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say.

6. KV9064

KV9064 LawnSite Member

there is an ad on EBAY for new 48" SWZT for $4999.00 , but i've heard some are selling for around $4799.00 thats about the same price as Hustler Trimstar they have the same engine and hydro.

7. tamo

tamo LawnSite Member

My dealer in Portland, OR quoted me $4764.00 for the 36".

Anyone have any opinion on how this deck might compare with the BOP deck. My only complaint with my Quick is having to scrape out the deck after every mow in spring/damp conditions.

The Quick is the only WB I've ever owned. Is the need to scrape constantly common in all WB's, or is the Quick especially bad in that regard?

Thanks

8. jakes mowing

jakes mowing LawnSite Senior Member

dont have to scrape after every mow with my ferris.

9. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

My dealer said it a a commercial mower that home owners would use. The hydraulics are not as beefy as their other walk behinds. They are coming out with a 52" next year, hopefully theybbuild the mower for more commercial use cuz I'm very interested in this mower.

10. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

They actually weigh more than the SWZ full hydro mowers...