Scag's new walk behind SWZT review!! With pics!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Aug 10, 2013.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I saw that too! Its strange because it tracks and feels much lighter than the swz. Plus the frame is smaller and most of the deck is only 10 gauge...

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Maybe the frame tubing walls is a lot thicker?

3. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

If you look at the SWZ it looks heavier around the hydraulic pumps and engine area, where as the SWZT looks heavier on top with the bigger dash board.. Almost like they're opposite from each other...

4. GMLC

On the way to grab the swzt for a couple days!!

5. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Senior Member

Can you find out the retail of it? My local Scag dealer had one out by the road, so I stopped in the other day. It was marked as $5500 retail, and selling for $5100. I read in some thread someone was told they could get one for 4700 I believe. Just wondering where the shop is at price wise. Cant find retails on most mowers anywhere.

6. GMLC

I was told $5100.

7. GMLC

I need to thank Chappell Tractor in Milford, NH for letting me demo the new Scag SWZT for the next couple of days to finish this review. Anyone in the NH area interested in Scag, Kubota, Ferris or Stihl see Jeff. He is one of the rare dealers that is honest about what is good and bad about every product he carries.

I only got to cut two properties with the SWZT today so enjoy the pics. Sorry the lines are not the straightest as Im still getting use to the machine. I will give my honest cut quality opinions this weekend after my demo.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

c7.jpg

c8.jpg

8. GMLC

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

That cut looks good to me, and I like those controls. I wish the jackwagon dealers around here would allow demo's like that especially if they think you won't buy it afterwards. I'm lucky to get to demo anything around here even if I want to buy it, so when Gravely gave me the chance with no strings attached, it was really appreciated.

10. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Dealers are like that here also... I can't blame them though i wouldn't want someone wasting my time and they're not interested in buying...