Scag's new walk behind SWZT review!! With pics!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Aug 10, 2013.

1. KV9064

KV9064 LawnSite Member

they better put anti-scalp wheels on it,

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Yup! That was one of my recommendations.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That is a long wb. We put 2 36inch wb in our 12 ft trailer, will have to measure.

4. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO get rid of the 10 ga steel and make it all 7 ga. My walk behind takes a beating. Better options out there unless you're dead set on owning a Scag.

5. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

Increase the size of the frame holding the deck to the same size as the older models like the Pro V and the SWZU, add some anti scalp wheel, a 52 inch deck option, and I think it will be a winner.

6. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Place the Scag at the front of the trailer, and then drive your Gravely right up to the Scag's drive tires.:weightlifter:

7. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

You nailed this one right on the head. Many of my clients have bermuda, and they can't afford to have it mowed every week (although this is the minimum it should be cut). To compensate for the infrequent mowing, I cut it tall at 2" and make sure my blades are RAZOR SHARP. I use high lift Gators for my blade set.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Has anybody looked at whether the anti scalp wheels can be put on this deck?

9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

With some fab work anything is possible. It wouldnt take much to weld on some brackets and install some anti scalp wheels.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

For some reason local dealer has got some unit to sell before year end
    and I thought we might buy one. What about that engine, is it a new
    model? I wasn't thinking about fab work I was thinking about bolting some on off another scag that has em.