Scags Turbo Baffle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, May 18, 2008.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Can you get one for the Velocity plus deck?? the one i have has none.

John

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

This is what Scag shows for the Velocity plus. I'm not sure if it's the same for the smaller decks but I'll check. It says it's optional on WB's.

Scag Webpage:

The green arrows display the unrestricted, straight discharge path the Velocity Plus Deck delivers. This allows the grass clippings to be discharged farther away from the deck and in a wider pattern.

The blue arrows show how the Turbo Baffle and discharge blade fan the grass outward for a more even dispersal pattern.

Other pic: Look at the letter A. A- Turbo-Baffle increases discharge velocity and prevents cut grass from reentering the deck cutting cycle. (Not included on all models; optional on walk-behind mowers.)

Scag Velocity Plus deck.jpg

Scag Velocity deck.jpg

3. John Gamba

from ct

Thanks tacoma. I'll get one tomorrow if i can. This was a BIG MISTAKE.

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

You mean it's optional? My B0b-Cats have them and I'm pretty sure the Scag wb and Lesco do too because it's a common place for grass buildup. Tony

5. John Gamba

from ct

6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I think cubs have that part (A) also

7. John Gamba

from ct

Nine out of ten mowers have this. It discharges like a craftsman lawn tractor.

8. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I know my V-Pro has one, works great! It has a 19 HP Kawi, i went through foot and half grass right after a rain and went right through NO problems! The great part about this deck is that it spreads everything evenly, and from my experience with a regular hydro walkbehind with the velocity it gives you NO clumps!

9. John Gamba

from ct

I'll never buy another scag as long as i live

10. John Gamba

from ct

I just called a dealer thats cloce by. this is not the dealer where i got it or the other dealer that i called about the scag walk that was discontinued.

This dealers response to "do you have a turbo baffle for a velocity plus deck"

"Im not sure what it is but i know we will need to order it" I give up.