Scags

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joeycats, Feb 24, 2005.

1. joeycats

joeycats LawnSite Member

I am on the verge of purchasing a Scag swzu with the Twin Kawi engine and 17 hp. Does anyone out there own scags that could give me their feedback from using them. Did they breakdown all the time, did you just buy the new one like I'm about to? Any input is greatly appreciated, Joe

2. Green Masters

Green Masters LawnSite Member

I own 2 scags and they are great. They put down the best stripe in my opinion. I have never had any problems with them at all.

3. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Scag belt drive 48. 3 seasons old and have only had to replace a pulley. Still runs and cuts great.

4. scagster

scagster LawnSite Member
    from n.ohio

[i own 5 scags and two lescos which are basiclly a scag painted green and have very little problems. daily maint. and going over the machines once a week really helps

5. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Scag makes great products. I have many of them and they are great for me.

6. TGIB

TGIB LawnSite Member

Scagster:

I'm not critisizing either of your mowers - but a Lesco is certainly NOT the same thing as a Scag.

Your statement could make someone that is not familiar with these two different companies, think that you mean that maybe Scag builds the Lesco equipment , and of course that isn't true.

As for the original question here, I don't think any company builds tougher,or more reliable equipment than Scag does.

7. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have two Scag Tiger Cubs they are great the oldest is going on its third season. We run hi-lift gator blades on ours they provide the best cut in our conditions.

8. scagster

scagster LawnSite Member
    from n.ohio

i have a 48 scag and a 48 lesco, both belt drives, blade pullys, drive pullys and belts are exactly the same deck design are very similar, i once heard that lesco bouht patten rights from scag for their older walk behinds.all i know is they r very much alike

9. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I think Scag makes a lot of the parts for Cub and Lesco like pulleys, etc.

10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a scag walk behind and it is built like a tank and it stripes nice, only bad thing I can say is I HATE the pistol grips and the mower sits alot because of it.