Scale Master

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Broker, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

Do all of you guys have one or something similar?

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I always used an Ohaus triple beam balance and wheat straw papers :dizzy:

3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Is this what you're referring to? If so I usually don't need one because I'm normally working from my own plans and don't have to do take-offs from other plans. The time I could have really used it was when I was in the process of converting my original blueprints to CAD. Would have made the whole process a lot quicker but it just wasn't in the budget at the time.

Scale Master.gif

4. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry I thought it was common tool for the industry.

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Jest funnin' you. I got an old mechanical one, but usually don't need it for residential installs. Easier to keep an extra roll or two of poly on hand.

6. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

I use mine all the time. Do alot of bidding for architects that provide to scale plans. I then use it to design the irrigation to the plan. Its a great and affordable tool

7. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

He's probably got a slide rule when pencil and paper becomes to labor intensive too :)

And, actually, I like my 12" scale even for C scale stuff. I've used the digital pens like Hayes's picture, but I like my scaled straight edge. But, hey, I would still be using Dos and that slide rule if they would let me! My calculator is a #2 pencil and scratch paper for most things. This computer just makes typing easier because my script isn't fit for a professional look.