Lawn Care Forum banner

Scale on ruellia, I have seen it all

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Florida Gardener 
#1 Ā·
Wow, scale I think is the most common pest here. I have now seen it abundant on goldmound, seen it on copperleaf, Hawthorne, podocarpus and now ruellia...
Posted via Mobile Device

#3 Ā·
Well mike best thing to do with the ruellia is hack it down as it will come back right away...best nit to use chems when you don't have to. Unfortunately, the scale on the podies was a week ago when I installed about 50 of them but I just hand picked them as there weren't many on each plant. It seems that scale will attack a healthy or sick plant, doesn't matter.
Posted via Mobile Device

#7 Ā·
Diamond - have you ever used GVI sod from there in jupiter FL? I have been getting my sod from them and all I can say is wow - nice stuff, well at least the muck based...i have not seen the sand based.

#8 Ā·
are you under the impression that the scale only lives in the nursery where you got the ruella? By treating you also prevent future attacks on this and other plants on the property. Works out to be a quarterly service up and above your mowing fee. Added service. Selling up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.