scalp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toy2, May 27, 2005.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

OK folks, last job today......PITA customer...I was mowing, had the dark safety glasses on, PITA has St. Aug, runs off into flower beds, no edging, my last run, I happen to go off the side with the 21" and scalp the lawn.....I should have had my prescription glasses on instead of safety glasses on.....Homeowner was gone,
    I just trimmed the rest to make it match.....I'm sure this has happened to others....totally freaked me out....I figure he will see it tomorrow and blow a gasket....Oh well $hit happens.....

2. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Been there, done that (except for the St. aug, not alot of that around here). Trimming to match or blend helps and here's another trick I've used. Take some fresh clippings, spread just enough to cover the scalped area. The clippings will brown but hopefully by then the area has grown enough to blend itself.

3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to lesco and get some green dye and put it in a old spray bottle. Keep it in your truck never a problem again. pay attention :) :)

4. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the dye idea.....I really need to look at that.... I don't know what the hell happened...the backyard starts at ground level with the flower beds....then to a drop off that is is like 5"......that's where I screwed up......need the contacts.....getting blind with age.... :) I will pay attention...

5. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't worry iv seen a guy go thru flowerbeds inpatient and hostas flying all over the place.