Scalping Wheels - Lazer 60"

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by KTNC, Jun 30, 2002.

1. KTNC

KTNC LawnSite Member

1. Mine our set in the 3rd hole down (3 inch setting, according to the manual) I now am mowing at 3.5 and have left the wheels where they are, is this acceptable? I noticed today there is a lot of scrapes/gouges in these wheels, and can't understand why? Is this normal?

2. Are the regular non Excalibur blades still being sold?

3. When installing the blades do you recommend putting them on in a certain pattern? IE: - - -, | - |

Thanks.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for contacting us on LS.com. 1. If you aren't experiencing any scalping issues, I wouldn't worry about lowering the rollers. If, in the future, the deck scalps the turf, I would definitely lower the rollers to the correct position. It's not abnormal for the rollers to have some scrapes or gouges. They're basically just plastic, and the gouges or scrapes may come from jumping curbs or taking it on or off a trailer.

2. You may be able to find some non-Excalibur blades if a dealer still has some in stock, but all of the blades are now the Excalibur style.

3. When installing the blades, I recommend putting them in a cross pattern, like this l - l. This will help to keep the blades out of time.

If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Here to help,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support