Came across an odd problem today. One of the valves we were changing out was a 1-1/2" valve. When we got our latest supplies our supplier was out of the normal 1-1/2" TOE nipples we use so he substituted 6" nipples threaded on both ends. So I cut off one of the threaded ends on each nipple and voila, it's now a TOE nipple like we've done many, many times before. I thread the nipples into the valve and then proceed to glue the inlet nipple into a slip coupling coming off the main line. Uh, oh... feels REAL loose but I let it set up for about 20 minutes and then try and turn it with a pair of Channel Locks. Sucker pops right out of the fitting. Seems that the threaded ends meet IPS standards but the OD on the thing as a whole is smaller. I'll be taking these back for sure. Rummaged around in my truck and found a set of our usual TOE nipples and they glued right up first time.