Schedule problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by indy2tall, Nov 14, 2005.

1. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

From what I can see many LCO's on lawnsite have a regular day for each client. I try to do this also but have problems with it. What do you do in the spring and early fall when your customers with really good grass need mowed more than once a week? My route is tight enough and small enough (25 clients) I just mow the "fast growers" every 4 or 5 days. But I am only part time and I live very close to most of my customers. If I was full time it seems like this would be a real problem because of time constraints but if you stick to once a week then you will be running into yards that take twice as long to cut and if you had more than a couple a day it would shoot your schedule all to hell. Sooooo how do you once a week guys do it?

Brooks aka Indy2tall

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Try software for scheduling and routing it will help you.

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

here in the south in summer grass grows like crazy. as much as i would like to no one lets me mow more than once a week . i overcome this by having equiptment that can handle the growth. sadly the epa has forced the mower makers to stop production of 2 cyle engines on all lawnmowers. i just take the beating on the large yards and have to usually go over them a second time to make them look good. gator blades help also

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

If a lawn needs to be mowed every 4 to 5 days, then do it. I have one lawn in particular, that grows like crazy and has to be mowed every 4 days. It tooks me 45mins to mow it every 4 days, or if I was to mow it once every week it takes me about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs because I have to bag it.

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Train it so you can cut a little closer say go from 4.0" to 3.25". you'll still have to double cut, but it may be more manageable

6. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

We only mow in "zones" and can mow only in the 7 day cycle in growing season and 10 days during slow grow. We do accommodate a particular request if important enough, but stay in cycles most the time

7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

If they must be maintained more frequently, then twice a week is their only option. M/R, M/F, or T/F depending on routing circumstances.