Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by texas, Feb 12, 2006.

1. texas

texas LawnSite Member

say you have..50.. lawns. do you mow 10 a day, 5 days a week, or do you knock em out in two days and do landscape or fertilizing work the rest of the week? :confused:
  2. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

i`m solo so there isn`t much chance of me doing 25 a day, monday and tuesday.would be nice though, a 2 day work week:rolleyes:
  3. texas

texas LawnSite Member

yep. i could do other things the rest of the week. :sleeping:
  4. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

i would probably do them in 3-4 days, so if it was to rain a coulple of days it would not throw you schedule off to much. :waving:
  5. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

3 days mow, 2 days other.
  6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

It depends on how large the 50 lawns are. My partner and I have 50 lawns that we can do in 3 days, but someone else might have 50 lawns that takes them all week, and another guy could have 50 lawns that he does in a day and a half. But I see what you are trying to ask. I wouldn't space them out over all 5 dyas of the work week. Keep a rain day in case it rains. Only spread them out over 3 or 4 days. Thats my opinion.
  7. texas

texas LawnSite Member

i hate yur idea. hammer
    just kidding :laugh:
    i fully understand yur point. thanks
  8. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I agree - I mow Mon. AM. Tues. PM. Wed all day, Thurs PM. Fri PM, and Sat and Sun if needed. I have some weekly, 10 day, and biweekly mowing, so there is no such thing as a schedual etched in stone. When it is time - we go for it and get it done. That way if one suddenly lands another property, there is room for it. Rain is not a big deal for us, as out blade system performs great in the rain or dry. It is only comfort of the operator in the rain that is a slight problem.