scheduled cuts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Steady Mowing, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Steady Mowing

Steady Mowing LawnSite Member

Just wanting to know how everyone schedules their cuts? This is my second year mowing and few customers agree on how often they want to be cut. Mostly, I just tell them I mow once a week, but a few of my customers(the high end, 2- 4 acre type) wanted me there every 4 or 5 days this past season which was more money for me, but now with more business I don't know how to schedule things. I would hate to loose those extra cuts from the "money" customers, but how do I keep it straight.
    Thanks,

2. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I try to keep Friday open for special jobs. I don't schedule regular mowing on that day and do clean-ups, hedges, extra cuts, etc. It works for me, but I'm busy as a bee Mon-Thur. I usually cut from sun-up to sundown on those day$.

3. Steady Mowing

Steady Mowing LawnSite Member

Okay, but do you run the same route on say, thursday each week, or do you just try to cycle every 7 days, or every 5 in the spring and less often in the summer? I am having trouble finding a rythym. The high end customers want more than the "cheap" ones and this is making it difficult to keep things flowing from week to week, not to mention distroying any possible routes I try to put together. When one potential customer says he is intrested in having his grass mowed every 7 to 10 days, what do you tell them, as opposed to the potential customer says I need you to come by every 5 days? Do you just tell them "we mow once a week" or what.
    Thanks,