1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Scheduling crews

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by vtscaper, Mar 15, 2014.

1. vtscaper

vtscaper LawnSite Member

one of the items that came up during the annual "inspect the belly button" routine we do every winter was scheduling of employees - whos going where, with what truck, what equip etc. I am not talking about scheduling the jobs themselves.

Currently i work on this throughout the weekend and have a quick meeting on monday and we adjust as needed throughout week.

As we grow this system just doesnt work like it used to... now with 12 people and counting i need something more systemized that can be posted in office and shop thats on a white board or similar.

any of you guys use something like this you are happy with? if so i want to talk.

check this pic out - something like this

Screen Shot 2014-01-06 at 1.18.32 PM.jpg

2. AMW Landscaping

AMW Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure if you even want to take all this to software, but it is a lot better for organization. Look into Service AutoPilot. It does everything that you have mentioned and more.

3. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster LawnSite Member

I love whiteboards like that. I make sure that every crew has a list that they have to take care of. I also put it up on a whiteboard like this showing what tools they need and so on. Only thing is that it takes a lot of f'ing time to get setup initially.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Sometimes the simple things are the way to go.
    Posted via Mobile Device