Scheduling for July 4th

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, May 29, 2002.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

What will you guys do with the 4th falling on a Thursday this year?

Business as usual (cutting the 4th)?

Skip Thursday 'til the following week?

Cut 'em Friday and Friday's on Saturday?

Other?

2. We be working.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

If things work out all lawns will be mowed by Wendesday and I will be in Atlanta for the weekend, going to Stone Mtn and a Braves Game.

4. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Have to see what the weather does of course. But I am going to try to get all of the accounts done by wednesday. And if I don't, I may work a bit in the morning on the 4th, but otherwise everything else gets pushed to friday/sat.

5. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

We are cutting on a five day rotation so we definately will be working.

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Just wondering...many people around here have family over and cookouts on the 4th, what do you guys do when you show up and they are having a family gathering? Personally I would try to schedule and plan to have all done by Wednesday or Friday, I would not be happy having my lawn mowed on a holiday.

7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Well, we work every week day, regardless of holidays (except Christmas and Thanksgiving). We ALWAYS arrive at the same time every week. 100% consistent and reliable. That's just the way we do it. So we'll be mowing, as usual.

But when I say "we'll be mowing" I mean, my crews will. I'll be off at the family cabin for 5 days relaxing and riding a SeaDoo! hehehe. That's the nice thing about having multiple crews. :D

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

If I was working that day it would be comm'l properties only. No residentials for me. But I will not be working that day. We will have things handled in a way to be off on the 4th. Great thing about being the boss. I get to make the decisions. ;)

9. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

working on the 4th, but will probably be taking Friday off. Weather permitting

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'll cut a few of 'em on Wednesday and the remaining ones on Friday.