Scheduling Fridays!?!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dr Red Shift, Apr 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Dr Red Shift

Dr Red Shift LawnSite Member

Scheduling. Everybody can’t have their lawns cut on Friday!
    Any Ideas and/or Resolutions?

thanks

2. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 LawnSite Senior Member

for us its about route set up................we have our Friday area set....it is the higher end properties, we fill up very fast for this area, then anyone who asks for service outside of this area is either Tuesday,Wednesday or Thursday, depending on their location, but in no way to we take on a customer who needs/demands to be cut n a day we are not in that area.

Hope it works out for you

3. Dr Red Shift

Dr Red Shift LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. However, luckily all 25 of my clients are in the same general area(within 5mi or so)

4. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

Friday is a day when all the properties that were supposed to be mowed on a day when it rained, get mowed. ( but, that rain is called a torrential downpour
    cause, we also mow in light rain.)

5. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure your done fridays by 3:00 and life is good LOL :drinkup:
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

We had the same Friday people for years.So any new get a Monday or Tuesday right now. But I still book by area,I won't chase them down just because they want a Friday.

7. MTenterprises

MTenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

I guess you just have to prioritize the jobs for Friday and be efficient. Somebody will just have to be done another day.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I fixed it. No Friday jobs. It's pretty rare that one of my customers requests a specific day anyway. I group my jobs by area so there is really no way for me to put a specific customer on a specific day. Monday I'm there, Tuesday here, Wednesday over that way and Thursday over yonder. It's the same areas on the same day of the week, year after year.

9. BestImpressions99

BestImpressions99 LawnSite Senior Member

Thursday should be plenty good for the folks that want it looking good for the weekend. If you wanted to break up those folks into Thursday/Friday that should be helpful. Also something to think about is you're the professional. yes, the customer is always right but you can strongly recommend. Unless you have a set up that looks like it belongs in the back of a minivan. HAHA.

10. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Tell the customer you don't schedule mows for Fridays.

Fridays are set aside for rain out days so all lawns are done before Saturdays. Then add you sometimes we may have to mow on a Saturday when there have been two rainout days in a week. So you see that this is why we don't schedule mows for Fridays.